Monday, May 11, 2015

Density Scares Me

Today it was back to the classroom for another language class, yet this one was different than any others we've had.  We had a racing game, where we were numbered off and had to race for tickets that tallied up to a tie in the end (it was to practice our numbers).  After that game, we practiced our bargaining, which didn't go too well, but we headed to the Ben Thanh Market anyway. 

When we arrived, we all split up to go our separate ways and find what we needed/wanted.  We were only given a couple of hours, so I didn't get much, but I plan to go back another day.  I did however get the coffee I was asked to get, which took much time because I bargained down the price and ended up getting a fair amount of it.  After wandering around for a little while more, and making a couple more purchases, I made a mental list of what else I should get and was ready to go for our company visit.

I had no idea what the VinaCapital Foundation or Group was before these briefings.  If I had known how amazing this company was, I would have been more excited for the visit beforehand.  Basically they make money from investments and then take that money and put it towards helping the society from an educational and medical standpoint. It was incredible to see business done right, like this place does.  They have many different programs for poverty driven areas in Southeast Asia that sound helpful and effective.  I was simply blown away, and to top it all off the CIO was just in my hometown no more than a week ago.  I'm finding that the world couldn't get much smaller, and even more so the more I travel.

(I apologize, I realize I didn't take any photos today, it was hectic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment