Monday, May 11, 2015

It Burns!

Bright and early and tired from the evening before, I grabbed a quick breakfast and hopped on the bus for our 2-3 hour trip to Vung Tau.  I am proud to say that I was asleep for the entire ride there and woke up to sunny beaches outside my window.  We arrive at the base of a giant hill/mountain not knowing exactly what lay ahead.  When we started up the uneven stairs, I thought to myself how beautiful the view was.  Blue ocean stretching as far as I could see, and gorgeous flowers lining the path ahead.  But the stairs were endless and by the time I reached the top the only thing I could think of was how much sweat was pouring off of me, but once I reached the top of Jesus, the view was completely worth it. There was nothing but city in the middle and beautiful beaches lining either side followed blue oceans filled with fishing boats.  If the arms of Jesus could fit more than 4 people at a time, then I would've stayed there forever.  Sadly I had a beach to get back to.




Knowing that I would burn if I didn't take proper precautions, I bathed in sunscreen and let it soak in for the proper amount of time before hitting the water.  Unfortunately, I was extremely sweaty before I put the sunscreen on, and even more sweaty once I stepped foot back in the sun.  But the water was warmer than any ocean I had ever been in before, and I stayed there almost the entire time until lunch, only to take a break by dipping in the pool.  The food at the restaurant was endless to the point where I couldn't even try it all because I was so full. And near the end of the meal, I noticed how red my shoulders were.  I guess being as thorough as I was with the sunscreen, it just wasn't good enough.  For the remainder of the day at the beach, I sat in the shade chatting with Bryan and watching our group of silly Americans make a commotion in the sand.  The games they played were entertaining to watch so I never grew bored, but when the time came to leave, I couldn't complain because I was exhausted. We stopped at a large market on the way back to the hotel where Ms. Loan bought us snacks to share for the remainder of the trip.  When we reached the Victory, I decided it was a night to relax and go to bed early, by falling asleep instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment